||[Jan. 8th, 2007|11:35 am]
Whole lotta labia.
|[||how ya feelin'?
Things I love today:
- Oatmeal. Seriously. It doesn't trip any of my queasiness.
- My husband and my household for being the very incarnations of responsible adventurousness.
- Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers which has managed to be vivid and detailed without being creepy or gruesome. It's not everyone's choice of bedtime reading, but I'm certainly enjoying it.
- Fandom. Really. Especially my flist. I love how all of us like different things. If we all liked the same stuff it would be homogeneous, boring, and more than a little creepy. marginalia and kiltsandlollies don't like Torchwood (each for her own reason and each totally understandable). slightlytricky and I go all wibbly over it. Perfect! My flist is lousy with people who watch and love Lost. I, on the other hand, haven't seen a single episode since the end of S1 and I don't find my life poorer for it. It's a big tent, people. Sometimes it leads me to new places to love, sometimes it makes me smile and say "Thanks, but no thanks," but it always makes me glad that all these people and opinions come together. To bastardize a phrase from my kinky friends, your fic may not be my fic, but your fic is ok.
- The sound made when one of my clients drops off a conference call. Because my day today is just loaded with them and every time I hear that tone it means I can go pee or think or check in with my lovely corner of the big tent.
How are you guys?