?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Have just started listening to HMS Surprise and though I'd suspected… - Then You Get Up And Have Breakfast [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Whole lotta labia.

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Apr. 7th, 2004|10:41 am]
Whole lotta labia.
[how ya feelin'? |blahblah]
[what's in my ear |phones ringing.. but not mine]

Have just started listening to HMS Surprise and though I'd suspected as much before, this clinches it. Harte's a dick.

Last night was some napping, some cleaning in the room and some cribbage and then some heavy duty sleeping. Matt and I were both out around 9:30. I feel a lot better this morning. Stuff is still dying in my sinuses but it's started loosening up and my body doesn't ache as bad.

I learned something new ... apparently they do the orbital x-ray to determine where in your body you've got metal both so that it doesn't confuse the MRI reading .. and so that the MRI doesn't yank it out of your body. Like.. out your eye. Um. Ow.

Today is MRI day, full report later. He's doing better.. up and moving more and going in to talk to his office manager today.

Me? I'm flailing a bit and buried in actual work that I have no urge to work on. But I did manage to get my checkbook balanced and a bunny (finally, thank GOD) for my tig so I can get that hopefully done by the morning.

Also, thank heavens for manuscripts in the public domain and the websites that host them. Because right now I'm reading Moll Flanders and looking like I'm working.

ravenscathedral and wilfulcait there will be surveys and stuff a'comin'.
linkReply

Comments:
From: starfishchick
2004-04-07 08:13 am (UTC)
Glad to see you back - I was getting worried!! I missed you.

Mmmmmmmmm-wah!
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: mellyflori
2004-04-07 08:27 am (UTC)
Nah, I'm fine. Just feeling a little sniffly and worried about my Matt. Luckily he knows I'm a bit of a control freak about some things and he's been letting me run around and make appointments and deal with doctors and all that stuff. Just so I feel like I've got a hand in this. :) (omg, you're coming so sooon!)

So you're going to do DC too? Oh so lucky, it's so pretty there right now. What I'll do is give you directions to the nearest Metro station and a quick and dirty lesson on how to use the Metro and you'll be able to get downtown and start exploring.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
From: starfishchick
2004-04-07 09:33 am (UTC)
Too soon - we're getting a little freaked!

The tips about the Metro will be very helpful - thank you!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: ravenscathedral
2004-04-07 11:27 am (UTC)
okay so how are you listening to HMS Surprise and who is reading it?
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: mellyflori
2004-04-07 04:34 pm (UTC)
Patrick Tull is reading it.. I checked it out from the Anne Arundel County Library who has all of the series on Audiobook. 90% of them on CD and the other 10% on tape so I can manage to get it all listened to during the two or three hours I spend in the car every day just driving to and from work and meetings. It was eating in to my reading time and It was taking me months to get books read that normally would take a week or two and it was just driving me apeshit. So.. now I've got HMS Surprise and the next one to get through.

I've got two more renewals on it and I'll be done with it early next week at which point you're welcome to borrow it. EIther that or you can go to http://www.aacpl.net and sign up for a library card on line and then use their OBSCENELY easy interface to request your own, have it delivered to the nearest library, and pick it up there.

The narrator is good, he does a great Sophie and gives Stephen the slightest Irish accent so that his phrasing really stands out.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)