||[Aug. 23rd, 2004|11:38 am]
Whole lotta labia.
|[||how ya feelin'?
|[||what's in my ear
Be glad I did the weepy phone post at the beginning of the trip rather than the end. I spent an hour trying to get through the two miles of the Breezewood interchange and then another 20 minutes trying to get through the two miles of the beginning of Rt. 70. *shakes fist*
I have a few things to say that will sound really odd, but I'm going to say them anyway because in a few months I'll want to remember how this feels.
- Last night I wanted to talk to all of you, I almost called half of you, but I didn't want to talk to anyone who hadn't been there. I just.. I just couldn't bring myself to even call my mother because she hadn't been there.
- The trip to Denny's yesterday was the first time in two weeks I'd been around people who weren't part of the same subculture that I am and even though we talk about real world things I still didn't understand what the fuck all those people were talking about. I mean.. really.. what the hell are you all talking about and why are none of you completely incensed by what the King of the Midrealm pulled in order to carry off the Castle Battle?
- I had a violent nightmare this morning. I got Matt off to work and went back to bed only to have a nightmare that got me up nearly screaming. I dreamed that my friend Heather called to say that she'd been stranded on site due to a car failure and when I went back to pick her up I found the place still full of people that the Coopers hadn't kicked off. They were just there. Hanging out. STILL! I screamed "Who are all these people and what the fuck are they still doing on site? Why didn't you tell me?!?" You're thinking "Melly. Sleep. Look into it." and you're right. But that's a nightmare. Trust me.
- While I have color all over, the extent of my sunburn is a four inch long, two inch wide stripe across my left upper arm. Huh. Note to self: ask others to apply your sunscreen for you.
- This morning in the shower I got to play my favorite Pennsic game. "Is It Dirt Or Is It A Bruise?" followed by the fabulous sister game "Damn, I Thought I Had A Tan." I did not, however, wash my hair. It still smells like woodsmoke. *heart clench*
Caitlin, which story would you like to hear retold first?