||[Nov. 29th, 2005|12:43 pm]
Whole lotta labia.
|[||how ya feelin'?
I didn't do this last year because I felt so terribly guilty about the fact that I'd just been laid off so there was NO WAY I could help with anyone else's wishes. But this year? More better situation. So..
- Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
-Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream pure-bred Basset Hound
for free--do it. Once a wish has been granted, it will be crossed off my list.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have
the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) More santa hat icons pls. In fact, icons in general. I love my Jack, so that's always a good call. But more mood-specific ones would be great. I'd love some cranky ones and some happy ones ... food ones, drink ones.. you name it.
2) I would love it, in the spirit of Berry's Gladiator gift last week, if you all would MarySue each other. Or yourselves. I'm not picky. But c'mon, do it right, I want to see creamy skin and color-changing eyes here, people.
3) Fountain pen cartridges. All of my pens are out of ink. Anything that J. Herbin makes is gorgeous. Or those weird Lamy ones.
4) Pictures of where you live. I would love to see where you guys live. Houses, rooms, towns, you name it. I'll screen the entries if it makes you nervous but I love seeing someone's room. Makes me feel like I know them.
5) Audio books on CD. Got any laying around you want to rip a copy of? I'd do the happy dance for days. I have an hour long drive into work each way and having NPR (while lovely) occasionally gets old. And sometimes I'm driving 2 hours just to get home. I love books in the car. If you've got 'em on tape that works too.
6) Fuzzy pink bunny slippers. I can dream.
7) as unfortunately vain as it sounds, i would love an archive somewhere to put my stories.
8) Take an hour this season and go volunteer somewhere. Wrap packages, babysit for a friend so they can finish their shopping, work in a food bank, I don't care. Just.. yeah. Don't even mention you did it. This is a quiet sort of wish.
9) BPAL samples. Seriously. But only if you've already got them hanging around. My wishlist is here. And if you've got any of those you're willing to part with I'd love to give them a sniff. If you want I'll even send them back if they don't work so you can swap or sell them as you like.
10) And now I feel greedy. I can't come up with 10. Ok.. we'll make 10 a pipedream. I'd like airfare to Ireland, please. (*snicker*)
And on that note, you should let me know where you've posted yours so I can go forth and conquer.