?

Log in

No account? Create an account
So, I was driving home last night and there was this weird burning… - Then You Get Up And Have Breakfast [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Whole lotta labia.

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Jun. 21st, 2006|09:27 am]
Whole lotta labia.
So, I was driving home last night and there was this weird burning smell. The engine seemed to be running fine and wasn't making any odd noises. It was just as lovely and peppy as ever and sniffing the vents didn't give me any smell so I just kept going. However, when I went out to start it this morning all I got was a clicking noise. Lights came on, radio came on, clicking noise. Everything on the interwebs says battery or starter problem, and the only thing that looks burnt is the insulation around the batter but who knows how long that's looked like that.

I am, as always, vaguely terrified. Especially since I'm at Steve's with his mechanic instead of my lovely mechanic. I made Steve go in with me this morning so the guy didn't think I'd just wandered in off the street, he said he'll look at it this morning. *sigh*

Hi. Happy Wednesday.
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: wilfulcait
2006-06-21 01:45 pm (UTC)
Hi. Happy Wednesday to you. Sorry it started like that.

Still need contact info for Isobel...
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: mellyflori
2006-06-21 01:48 pm (UTC)
Is her email not in the paypal request? She's eklektic in my friends list.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: eklectick
2006-06-21 05:12 pm (UTC)
We done got in touch. She is even giving me berries :-) Buggersnots to your car. Good call having himself escort you - garages (and car sales lots, oddly enough) are the last of the full-on sexist venues - I get treated better in strip joints. Er, ahem *cough*.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: ipso__facto
2006-06-21 01:54 pm (UTC)
Bugger. :(
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: maitheas
2006-06-21 02:47 pm (UTC)
*braids your hair*

Melly? loffage.

Let's go have lunch, ok?
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: ravenscathedral
2006-06-21 02:51 pm (UTC)
I hug you and Steve...my car hugs yours...I know, no consolation but.. I do love you and you are in my thoughst a lot :)
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: wizardglick
2006-06-21 03:30 pm (UTC)

Sort of sounds like a starter to me, but burnt insulation around the battery is never normal either.

The bright side is electrical problems _usually_ aren't tough or expensive.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: berreh
2006-06-21 03:31 pm (UTC)
Suckage. At least with Steve going in there too you won't get the "we'll just replace it all for ya, little lady" treatment.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: make_your_move
2006-06-21 05:52 pm (UTC)
So, how's the car?
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: winters_edge
2006-06-22 03:13 am (UTC)

Windsday.

Pffftttt! Damn. Sorry to hear that, and hoping it was either 1) covered under warranty, or 2) not expensive.

Yeah. 'Cause no day should ever start with clicky noises, unless they are computer ones for fun!
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: cz_unit
2006-06-22 08:02 pm (UTC)
Battery's probably low/dead is my guess. As to why, the problem might be the alternator shorted out on the ride home. This would give you enough power to make it home and run the lights, but not enough to turn the starter over. And it would make a happy smell as the alternator diodes went poof.

Do the lights go dim/out when you try to start it?

Chris
(Reply) (Thread)