||[Jan. 12th, 2007|12:38 pm]
Whole lotta labia.
|[||how ya feelin'?
Hey it's a post! (With nothing of any real value in it.)
1) Toured ST's #1 choice for daycare for the Peanut this morning. I completely agree with him. Bright, cheery, not too chaotic, low staff turnover, low baby:teacher ratio. The most expensive in the area, but sometimes you get what you pay for. I put down a registration deposit and we'll work with them on finding an available slot. There are debates all up and down about child care and I'd like to not start any here so let's just say that we looked at all of our available options for who would watch the Peanut, made this decision, and made the best choice within our range. Plus, today was Ravens day at the center and I'm medically incapable of resisting a small child in pigtails and a football jersey that would fit her father. Especially when she gives me this big toothy grin and blows me kisses. I'm sorry, people, I'm only human.
2) wilfulcait took me for hibachi-cooked steak last night. When your diet gets as limited as mine is lately you end up eating weird stuff just because you know you can keep it down. Looking at food which is recognizably food and which is simple in flavor and cooking style? Best. Ever. I even have leftovers for lunch.
3) I'm thinking of fucking off early and working from home for the afternoon. I can take a conference call at my desk as well as I can take it from my couch and I've got some organizational stuff to do that needs to be addressed during the daylight.
4) Elf sent me her Turkish coat pattern and the chemise pattern. She looked so comfy at War last year that I'm unable to resist. That's what I'm working on this weekend. Also MP's fencing shirts. I'm going to pre-wash all of wizardglick's linen. Hey Jim, did I have you try on one of ST's surcoats at War and if so what was the response? How was the fit? We'd agreed that I'd make those but I can wait to start them until after I have a chance to put a finished version on you and check the sizing. I'd rather not cut up a bunch of linen just to be wrong. Also.. do you want surcoats only or surcoats and a tunic or two? Pants? I can't do the chausses and braes, I've never started them before and I don't want your fabric to be the guinea pig stuff.
5) I ran across a picture of a highland cow this morning and was instantly amused at the memory of how they look as babies. Have you ever seen that? Their shaggy coats are short enough to stand on end so they look like those troll dolls that you could shake and all their hair would stand up. It's like someone grabbed the coo and went *SHAKESHAKESHAKE* and POOF - cowfro. *amused*
(p.s. got slightly more sleep but still not able to sleep through the night. sucks. boring myself talking about it.)