||[Jul. 11th, 2007|12:42 pm]
Whole lotta labia.
You know you've been waiting for it:|
The list is here: http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn36/AANDS/PENNU/pennsic_class_descriptions.html I'd love to see the lists you guys come up with.
- "The Birds and the Bees"; The History of Sex in SCA Period, Whip It Good and also Prostitutes and Perverts; Illicit Sex in SCA Period - I would *LOVE* to take these. But then again, I'm a pervert. (The middle one is a class on ropes.. I'm so amused)
- 0 to Pants in 30 Minutes or Less - Gee, for me it's usually the other way around. But as I said, pervert.
- 16th Century Limp Book Binding - Originally this was planned for one time, but.. it's ok.. it happens to all books sometimes, we can try again later, don't worry about it.
- A Dance with Flair - 32 pieces of it at minimum.
- A Masonic Gathering at Pennsic - Because one group of heirarchically obsessed weirdos with in-jokes and funny hats is just not enough for you?
- Babies at Pennsic: A Discussion - Well, this might have been useful. Y'know. Later. *headdesk*
- Classic Cryptology: Codes and Ciphers of Antiquity - Now this would have been fun. Maybe I can get the handout.
- Costuming - Help! I think I'm naked. - Look.. if you don't know for sure, then I *really* can't help you.
- Doll Fanciers Unite! - From the description: Brought your doll to Pennsic? Didn’t, but wish you had? Meeting for Doll fans, especially BJD (Ball Jointed Dolls), get to know your fellow fanatics, share stories, sources and introduce your dolls. Is it ok that this just creeps. me. out?
- Husbands - Track 'em, Bag 'em & Tag 'em - *blink* I don't even know where to start.
- Introduction to Split Finger Darbuka - Not to be confused with the Two Fingered Pile Driver. Which, I think we'll all agree, should *never* be taught.
- It's Offal Time - recipes from Scappi - Oh ... goody. Because you can never have too much... offal.
- Period Pirates - A field guide to what is and what is not period Nautical Recreation - So much of what people think of when they picture pirates and sailors is from hundreds of years after the SCA period. This class will help to identify what is period, what is after period, and what is plain made up for Hollywood. i.e. All of it. So shut up, sit down, learn something, and quit wearing that stupid hat. And if you're going to start singing Barret's Privateers please do me the courtesy of knowing the entire song. Because I don't.. and it's embarrassing when we all trail off at the same point and look all sheepish. Yarrr.
- Physical Manifestation of Fear - This is right next to the Doll Fanciers Meeting. I bet you.
- So This is Your First Pennsic? - You’ve made it... you’re here at Pennsic... now what? Come learn what there is to do, where to do it, what not to do, and how to keep yourself healthy and happy. Look, if you need a class to teach you how to have fun at Pennsic, you're beyond my help.
- So, You're an SCA Herald. Now What? - I have a few ideas. Some of them don't involve drowning yourself. Well.. a couple don't.
- The Ancient Game of Hurling - We play this daily. First round starts with "Hey, you want a beer?" and usually ends with Megan screaming "PASS THE SCOTCH!"
- What are these Fechtbuchs, anyway? - Dude, why are you asking me?
- Walk Like a Phoenician: Belly Dancing in Ancient Sources - AHAHAHA! Ok now *that* is a well-named class. And as good a place as any to stop.
And that is the end of my Pennsic discourse for the year. I don't want to talk about it anymore. I'll read your class lists and entries but yesterday's appointment was disappointing and discouraging and I'm emotional and cranky enough as it is without spending a bunch of time participating in the planning discussions for a vacation I don't get to go on (but paid for in advance in a moment of some kind of rampant stupidity). I don't want to talk about camping, shopping, fighting, parties, dancing, or garb. I'm done. The only exception is Mym's land map stuff because that's a logic problem and kinda fun as opposed to the rest of it which is just making me cry.
My apologies. I realize that sounds bitchy, mean, cranky, and narrowminded. I don't give a shit.