||[Aug. 1st, 2007|12:43 pm]
Whole lotta labia.
|[||how ya feelin'?
Things about the universe I noticed today:
- It's true, most women don't give birth on their due date. At least, I'm not showing any signs of it so far and since the average birth is 12 hours that would put me outside the timeframe. So. That's something for you.
- When watching a very pregnant woman huffing her way up an interstate onramp on her way away from a car with its flashers on the total number of people who will stop to help on an average day is zero.
- The thought "I've got enough battery in my cell to get me to work" is almost always right on days when things go your way. And almost always wrong on other days. *thumps self*
- The look on your average car rental employee's face when you tell him that you're actually due today is enough to adequately (and without any mistake) express the thought "Put some plastic sheets down, because you totally waived the damage coverage, girlie."
- AAA Plus with 100 mile towing is the Christmas gift that keeps on giving, especially when it's the family package because then it doesn't matter if it's his car you're driving becaues he loves you and loaned it to you for the day because it's got a/c. *kisses husband*
- The Grand Prix and I will get along for today but... we're not a match made in heaven. *pokes at it*
- The boss who greets you with "I thought you were in labor!" and not "You're half an hour late for this meeting with the CIO!" is a good boss. He frets about the right stuff.
This day? It could be worse. World's Cutest Mommy (tm) is one year older and she's being taken out to the ice cream parlor tonight, how cute is that? It's not as humid out. And there's a doctor's appointment today so after basically dealing with my own crap until noon I now get to bail at 4:30. Sweeeet.