||[Aug. 21st, 2007|06:31 pm]
Whole lotta labia.
|[||how ya feelin'?
1. Nursing + Maternity Leave + Netflix's catalog of my guilty pleasure shows from the late 80's and early 90's = Match made in heaven. Because when I'm not dreamily rubbing her head with my cheek or staring at her wee little hands, tonight's feedings will be brought to you by the first disc of The Young Riders. shut up.
2. I'm so enjoying this baby. I seriously am. I know it won't always be this good but she's cute, she smells good, and (for now at least) she nurses like a champ and sometimes gives me four hours of uninterrupted sleep. Once? I got five. I shower and brush my teeth every day and with some experimentation I've got at least one position in the sling that'll put her out like a light for at least two hours so my laundry is caught up. But all of that is just peanuts to how much fun I have just watching her. The way she arches her whole back when she yawns after she first gets up, the way she pats me while she nurses, the very confused look she gets as I burp her, all of it. And playing the face game with her? That freakin' rocks.
3. I got back to the gym on Sunday. Nothing outrageous, a 20 minute run/walk on the treadmill. But by the end of it I was aching for some weights so I did a quick set of lat pulldowns and I could feel my muscles singing with it. These gym visits will be mostly impossible during the weeks but Steve will make it so I can get in there most weekends and that makes me happy all over. I feel fantastic.
4. I'm reading during the day. I stroke her back while she naps in the sling and I sway from side to side as I stand in the kitchen and read or sit in the glider and read. With that in mind, fic recs requested pls. I'll even take fandoms I'm not familiar with if the story is good enough.
5. I miss you guys. I've been v. quiet lately, I know. I'm reading everything you guys post it's just that my laptop is on a table to my left as I'm in the rocker and typing with one hand is so... 1996-teenaged-boy-in-IRC-netsex-channel. I just can't bring myself to do it. Even though I know that the one-handed typing skills get better as you go along. ... um... I mean.... hi. How *are* you guys?
6. Shawn and his C- came up and worked from my place yesterday, it was seriously so. much. fun! They held the baby while I cleaned up the kitchen, they didn't mock my leopard print nursing bra, I'm hoping they'll be up for doing it again before I have to go back to work. While he was here, of course, Shawn took pictures. They're posted here and they're just... wow.. breathtaking. Thank you, Shawn. *sniffle*
7. Cooking meals ahead of time? Best idea ever. Because now my chicken tikka masala is ready to eat, so I'm going to go have dinner.