||[Oct. 1st, 2007|03:56 pm]
Whole lotta labia.
|[||how ya feelin'?
Things I am happy about today besides getting to use my most-favored seasonal icon:
- Last night my daughter slept for eight hours in a row. I eventually woke due to sore boobs not crying baby. I weep for joy. I told her that if she'd do it again I'd buy her a car when she turns 16.
- All hail the return of the B&H! I'm down 3.6lbs this week, a nice companion to last week's 3.4. Turns out the secret is determination, preparation, writing it down, moving a little every day, getting my water, and having a supportive environment at home. As opposed to pre-baby, when apparently the secret was fairy dust and magic unicorn horns. As Cait would say, "Huh."
- In the midst of my fantabulous friends list I have traveller and insidian, thus making it possible for me to see conversational nuggets like this: The decision of Oil v. Starch (2007) has no bearing on Pie v. Cake as both cases are non-binding -- you will find this covered by the 1991 Statute of Ridiculously Hypothetical Situations, and reiterated in the Pirates v. Ninjas (2003) decision. and this: It is not the responsibility of my client to do the work of the courts. The decision in Oil v. Starch clearly overturns Pirates v. Ninjas and effectively renders RHS-1991 moot. Hee!
- There is a wee sleeping baby on my chest. She is eight weeks old today. She holds her head up so well, she pushes over on to her back, she smiles and laughs, she loves bath time, her Aunt Ellen (a specialist in developmental progress in pre-school aged children) says she's perfect and perfectly normal.
- And her daddy is getting her a wee Yoda costume for Halloween. Because he is a dorque.
- Working from home. Which makes the chest-sleeping possible. Today is the day I said I'd go back to work and I hate to think that I might have had to be in the office today. It's coming, to be sure, but I'm enjoying every second until then.