||[Oct. 22nd, 2007|12:11 pm]
Whole lotta labia.
Five things make a post:|
- This morning I woke up to "Your Creation moment for the day." I have seriously got to retune that clock radio.
- Weekend was lovely. Event was lovely. Dinner at Eat n Park was lovely even though, as Jim notes, it's a bit of a misnomer given that one first parks and then eats.
- Baby was a bit of a pill early in the event and then settled down to be her normal glorious self. I think she does this to keep me on my toes. Hmf. She slept for nearly the entire rides up and back. This bodes well for the ride to SC for Thanksgiving.
- I have client visits Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I am so unthrilled.
- My mother informs me that my mother-in-law invited them to go see Avenue Q in DC. Me: "Does she know it's puppets?" Mom: "I think so." Me: "Does she know it's puppets swearing?" Mom: "I don't think so." Me: "I think if she knew that one of the songs was 'The Internet is for Porn' she might be a little less gung-ho about going." Mom: "One assumes, yes."
CarTM: instant Valium for babies. :D
There were some bad spots when we got to the construction in Pittsburgh, but mostly she was a little comatose baby. I thought it would screw her all up but she slept in her crib for 8 hours last night. I'm beginning to get my brain back, y'know?
Of course my in laws are coming for the weekend, so that may change. *le sigh*
Me: "I think if she knew that one of the songs was 'The Internet is for Porn' she might be a little less gung-ho about going." Mom: "One assumes, yes." - *<3s you and your mom muchly*
I've heard (but, sadly, don't know from personal experience) that when a car is unavailable for putting babies to sleep, punkin-seat-on-top-of-the-running-washing-machine (or dryer) is an acceptable substitute. Although (knock wood) it doesn't sound like she's generally fussy. :D
I haven't had to try the washer or dryer yet as the sling or bathtub tends to knock her out cold. But when we stop swaddling I expect the sleeping tendencies to go all for shit and I'm dreading it so I'll keep them in mind for that. :)
Dinner at Eat n Park was lovely even though, as Jim notes, it's a bit of a misnomer given that one first parks and then eats.
Reminds me of the unfortunately named gas stations: Kum & Go
And a single, solitary gas station so hilariously inappropriate it may have caused giggles for 50 miles: Pump'n'Munch
I'm completely speechless. Seriously, Pump'n'Munch has short circuited my smartass.
Heh. My radio dail slipped off the "Clear Channel Generic Rock" station and onto the "Young Contemporary Christian" station as well. A little strange, but the Christian Rock'n'Roll _is_ better than "Classic Traxs"
Good seeing everybody this weekend ;-)
I'm just worried that it's going to get into the baby's subconscious and I'm going to end up with one of those kids in Jesus Camp. On the other hand, at least it's better than the buzzer.
It was nice seeing you too, I forget how much I miss folks until I see them again. We'll be back up for the shower on the 4th, perhaps there could be some hanging out. :)
Eh, you learn better songs at church camp anyway. :-)
There are a couple opportunities to come visit coming up. Like midwinter.