||[Feb. 25th, 2008|10:52 am]
Whole lotta labia.
Some thoughts about the Oscars (which, having no incoming TV signal, I'm forced to catch up on via the interwebs.. God bless you, interwebs):|
1) They're right, Tilda Swinton does look a lot like Eric Stoltz.
2) Jessica Alba... it's really just not fucking fair to the rest of the world, is it? It's like everywhere she goes she sucks up the pretty. I'm staying on this coast, where I'm outside her range.
3) Oh Jon. My loins are afire for you. Even the Wii joke, which was a bit dated and forced but still funny.
4) Y'all, I read Diablo Cody's book, and I enjoyed it. The best part is not the stripper bits but the stuff beyond the stripper bits. Worth a read. cussata I wouldn't say it's in your "hooker books" category but it's still something you might enjoy.
5) I saw exactly none of the Best Picture nominees this year. I don't feel bad about that. But you guys have probably not seen this. So I feel the richer one.
Lovely weekend, nice time at S&C's, ordered my new squishy, got to have dinner with Mr. Nolte last night, and TBD is crawling like crazy. (To the nice people who emailed me about her not sitting yet.. I was serious, I'm really NOT worried about it. It's a milestone, not a deadline.) She's started getting up at 6:45 which is nice because we get a lot of hanging out time. She loves carrots and things that dangle and kisses on her belly.
I was thinking this morning about the look on Mym's face on land grab morning.. it's truly one of my favorite memories ever. I wish I'd gotten it on film but at least I know that the squeal lives on in my head always.
How are you guys?
Tired and ready for lunch. Could also use an eyebrow wax.
If you want, I could write you a note to get out early. I'm not sure whether it would work, but at least you'd have it. :)
I so totally love you. Sorry I didn't call you back today, Steven stayed all day (until 7pm).
Can we talk tomorrow?
I took a Friday afternoon specifically to go see There Will Be Blood by myself. It was mesmerizing. Of course, Daniel made the movie. I didn't see any of the others.
How's with you? The wee one?
Clearly we're going to need to play Netflix catchup. Maybe I can sneak into James's while he's in Malaysia and watch them on the big screen.
Me? I'm grand. No rilly! The wee one is just the greatest thing since sliced bread. Even when I want to punt her I don't want to punt her far. I'm looking forward to things in her future (wiping her own butt, blowing her own nose, burying her nose in a book, wee little garb) but I'm trying not to rush it and to love every minute I get.
How are your peeps? And how is work?
""It's a milestone, not a deadline.""
that is one of the best parent quotes ever.