||[Apr. 14th, 2008|10:02 am]
Whole lotta labia.
Things I learned from the birthday girl:|
- Before you do something think to yourself "If this goes wrong, will it kill me?" And if the answer is "yes" then don't do it.
- There is no shame in leaving early if you're not having fun.
- Rule number 1: Always bring a book.
- Rule number 2: Actually, bring two.
- What Would Otters Do? They'd play all day, eat dessert first, and bite mean people on the ankle.
- The only thing better than a plan is a list. The only thing better than a list is a list with sub lists and little ticky boxes.
- You are your child's parent, not their friend. If you parent right, you end up being a friend anyway. Good parenting is a Grow Your Own Friend program.
- There are few problems in life that can't be solved through the proper application of cider, journals, travel, or graph paper.
It feels as though someone is sitting on my chest as I write this, but I'm smiling anyway thinking of the salsa we'd have and the egg custard pie I'd make you and the talks we'd have about where we're going to travel this year. I love that when you turned 40 we were touching down in Venice and I passed you a note that said "Happy Birthday" and you reached forward from your window seat behind me and you squeezed my hand and I thought I'd never known anyone like you.
Happy Birthday, wilfulcait.