||[May. 13th, 2008|11:13 am]
Whole lotta labia.
Some things I am grateful for today:|
- My daughter's palate. Seriously. She'll eat anything. In the past two weeks she's mastered lemons, pickles, capers, beef jerky, sharp cheese, pineapple, mandarin orange slices, and kalamata olives. She has, however, no use at all for bananas. Silly baby.
- That she learns something new every day. Last week she trained me to play peek-a-boo on demand by pulling my hand to her face and then pushing it away really fast while laughing. This morning she said bye-bye to me. She signs "all done" sometimes. She also cocks her head to one side and smiles at everyone, the little flirt.
- Nine months of nursing. Cheap, easy, emotionally fulfilling.
- In non-baby news, I'm grateful for my front deck. It's big and it looks out over the fishing pond, the side pastures, and rolling hills dotted with deer and groundhogs and bunnies.
- And finally, I'm grateful for well-written and totally adorable fic. In this instance, SGA/Eureka crossovers. Seriously. rageprufrock you don't know me from a hole in the ground but omg you made this morning's boring meeting so much nicer.
And on that note, breakfast. How are you guys?