||[Oct. 21st, 2008|10:53 am]
Whole lotta labia.
jvandevander, I haven't abandoned you. The doin's lately: So, my delightful brother-in-law points out that I'm not much for the long posts lately. Which is only partially true. I've actually regularly been putting up pretty substantial posts but they're of limited interest and a little more personal than I'm comfortable with under a public post, so they're under a filter. So, relax |
- TBD is spending the week with her grandparents in Annapolis and I miss her like crazy. We went out and had dinner with them last night and I got to hug and kiss on her and put her to bed. It's quiet around here, but we're sleeping like logs and the house is remarkably clean.
- Our 2nd anniversary is coming up. I've said it before and I'll say it again, most. perfect. day. ever. We're having fun with presents and such. Tonight is our night to have our smoochy romantic dinner since I've got dance class tomorrow, Steve's gone Friday and Saturday nights (I'm staying home to go to a GBS concert), and Thursday I think we're going to see a movie together. So we're having Indian food. Because it's my favorite, that's why.
- Speaking of the wedding, my wedding gift to Steve finally came. And yes, it was worth the wait. His new helm is gorgeous and he looks amazing and fearsome in it. He won't have it strapped and padded in time for the event this coming weekend but I know he'll bring it to show Joe.
- I have an all-hands meeting most of the day tomorrow. I wish I could say I was excited. Mostly I'm just grimly determined to be friends and try to channel my inner extrovert. When reviewing the agenda I was surprised to find out that I'm the Senior Director for my business unit. Well go me!
- I've finished watching all the Bones there is to watch and I quite enjoyed it. I expected the socially awkward titular character to get irritating and she didn't. Woot! Now I need a new show. I'll find one here in the next few hours I'm sure. I already have a couple of candidates.
- My brother is writing for the informal blog his road crew started. One of his posts features a picture of him in a moose costume giving a reach-around to a statue of a moose. Yes, he's a flaming asshole, but goddamn I love that kid.
That's all the news that's fit to print (hence the icon). How are you guys?
Happy Anniversary to the two of you, omg! I'll never forget your wedding, or meeting Cate, or tickling a complete stranger, or the way the guy that married the two of you reminded me of the priest from the Princess Bride so much that Tricky had to cross her eyes at me so that I wouldn't start to snicker about it.
I'm so happy that you're happy, girlie. <3
We had so much fun that night and the smiles from you guys are one of the first things that come to mind. Also what flaming smartasses you all are. :)
I'm happy to be happy, I'm also happy to know you. *smish*
Miss you! sent you mail about a possible hangout time. Pay no attention to the neurotic ramblings. :)
Yeah, I was wondering if you'd dropped off the face of the planet ;) Glad to see a long post.
When do I get to see you again?
I think I would like Bones if I watched it. I've only seen a couple of episodes, but enjoyed them quite a bit.
Happy anniversary! I can't believe its been 2 years! Ilu guys. Also, I would really like to see this picture of your brother. Please. :D
PS - So excited for Saturday!