||[Jul. 17th, 2009|10:37 am]
Whole lotta labia.
- Chloe is about to turn 2. OMG DO NOT APPROVE!
- Pennsic starts next week so... sewing sewing sewing. New cotes for Steve, linen undershirts, hose, and some Turkish coats for me.
- The first queen I ever knew in the SCA passed away this morning after a nine year struggle with breast cancer. She was just wonderful and really something special and I hate this fucking disease so much. I hate it so much.
- It is map approval time and packing time and last-minute sewing time and there is this huge aching physical hole in me where Caitlin ought to be. By now she would be bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet going "Pennsic Pennsic Pennsic!" and calling me every 5 minutes to say "Is it Pennsic yet?" We will sit in that field on landgrab morning and I will remember her in her fuzzy leopard print bathrobe, so excited to start the process that she *ran* back from the barn at a full tilt, laughing almost the whole way.
- Of course, I'll also remember that she hit a gopher hole about 30 feet from her car and went down like an antelope in a nature documentary, and there was this loud crack and then she got up, hissing, swearing, and limping. She wrapped her leg in an ace bandage and got on with the day. She diagnosed herself with a bad sprain and refused to let it ruin her good time. She'd stop by the point to get her leg re-wrapped daily and she would medicate with cider and friends and the just pure absolute joy of being smack in the middle of her happy place. Amusingly, when she went in for her initial bone scan just after her diagnosis the tech said "When did you break your ankle?" And she and I both said "Ooooh." Bitch walked around the whole time with a broken ankle. Bitch was hard core.
- I love you guys. I'm sorry I've been so quiet but I've been incredibly busy, jobs upon jobs upon jobs and appointments with my medical team, and a toddler, and school, and occasionally sleeping.
- Wednesday I sent cussata and traveller the rudest joke I've seen in years and they both laughed. I'm totally considering using it as my litmus test for friends. Hee!
List of Pennsic classes coming today. Woot!