||[Jan. 15th, 2010|08:07 pm]
Whole lotta labia.
I keep trying to start some big "Omg I'm not dead and here's what my life has been like" post but it keeps not happening and it's just to daunting to consider. So let's do it this way.|
Things I've gotten in the last two months:
- Amazing birthday wishes here and on FB. I'm 35 y'all. And I am happier, more fulfilled, more at peace with myself, and more proud of myself than I've ever been. And for all the wishes, and all you all have done for so many years to get me through, get me over, and get me better I can not thank you enough.
- A JOB OMG A JOB! I start on Monday. It's IT project management for a company in Baltimore. It's working with a well-known bank. It's some peace of mind and some sound sleep at nights.
- So many hugs from TBD, so many kisses, and every morning I get greeted with "Good Morning, Mommy! Happy Halloween!" Some mornings it's "Happy Birthday!" and some it's "Happy Wednesday!" (though rarely on Wednesdays) and I do not correct her. Why? For the same reason that robins1stwife refuses to teach her youngest son the word "raisin" and instead lets him continue to call them "grapes and sunshine." Cuz it's cute as all hell.
Things I have done in the last two months:
- Survived the "Take Me Now, Lord" stomach virus the whole family got for Christmas.
- Watched about 8 billion true crime shows, documentaries, and every episode of 7 seasons of Top Gear. I went on a non-fiction kick as soon as I got laid off and I am still trying to surface. The up side is that I have added about 27 rules to my list of Things to Keep in Mind if You're Going To Kill Someone. (Rule #1 - Bitches always talk. Rule #12 If everyone knows that your estranged wife has a restraining order against you, and you go to her house to kill her, and the phone rings? Fucking don't answer it you dumbass.)
- Accidentally taken up quilting. I did, I swear. It was totally an accident! I was thinking about what kind of blanket we'd put on Chloe's bed when we convert her crib to daybed (we haven't done it yet because she's a serious climber) and I couldn't find any I liked. So I thought "How hard could this be to do?" I looked it up on the internet and I decided to try a quick small one as a tester. I think I was hooked before the day was out. My family showered me with fabric for my birthday and Christmas and I've been happily piecing and hand quilting and such ever since. I have about 4 projects going right now and the plans for about three more. And at the end of the month I'm taking a workshop from Jinny Beyer, a woman who's work made me cry, this is her Ray of Light, it blows my mind.
So.. that's that. I start work on Monday. I'm planning a quiet weekend. I have piles of fabric. My new hobby is like collecting colors and rolling around in them. My family is awesome. I missed you.
How are you?